Internet Password Security Best Practices
With the recent headlines again highlighting the security risks inherent in the Internet and the need to be prudent about password protection, First Avenue National Bank would like to remind its customers to employ sound online security practices to help safeguard your sensitive information. One way to accomplish this is to maintain a strict password policy for all Internet websites on which you have an account that stores any kind of confidential, sensitive, or personally identifiable information:• Choose a password that is hard for others to guess (not something that is related to commonly known information about you).
• Choose a password that is complex (more than 8 characters and contains numbers, capital letters, and special characters).
• Change your password regularly (at least every 30 days or after using it from a non-secure network, e.g.: hotels, airports, cafés, etc.).
• Use a different password for all websites that you access.
• Never share your password with others.
• Never write down your password.
• Don’t store your password in a program or browser on your computer, even if it asks you to.
Local Leadership, Local Knowledge, Local Commitment
At First Avenue National Bank, we pride ourselves in offering the best in personal and business banking products and services. As indicated by our tag line, we combine local leadership, local knowledge and local commitment to provide products, service and results unequaled elsewhere in Ocala and Marion County.
We also feature free personal and business checking accounts – no maintenance fees, no transaction fees, no minimum balances.
SCAM ALERT: Citizens in the Ocala area have been receiving phone calls saying “Your debit card has been suspended. Please call the following number.” These calls are NOT from First Avenue National Bank. Please do not call the number or give out any information. For questions please call us at 352-732-6616.